running cables to a kitchen island

Sponsored Links
Says BS7671. I have not got the regs on me but I am guessing that running a cable in the floor would mean it is being installed outside of the zones agreed in BS7671.
As I've said, BS7671 says nothing about ('safe') 'zones' in floors - only walls. Guessing about regulations is what amateurs do, hopefully not professionals.
So when this is the case you have two options.
1. Install shallower than 50mm but install earthed metallic protection (conduit, trunking). This is to prevent someone drilling the floor and damaging a cable they do not know is there.
2. Install deeper than 50mm and no earthed metallic protection is required BUT the cable needs to suitable.
I totally agree that that makes good common sense (and could be one's personal interpretation of 522.6.1). However, I don't think you'll find any regulation which has those explicit requirements.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back