Running Waste For Sink & Dishwasher To Soil Stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm fitting this kitchen at the moment, I'm pretty much done but I have to figure out a way of running the dishwasher waste and sink waste to the soil stack. The stack sits at the back left corner of the pantry cupboard. There isn't enough room at the back of the dishwasher to run a waste pipe, so I'm thinking of chasing out part of the blockwork internal wall behind to accommodate it, I would probably need half - 3/4 of the pipe thickness embedded into the wall. Link to picture so you get an idea of the layout, the pic shows the pipe at the front but couldnt draw it at the back of the pantry. Thick black is soil stack with durgo vent on top.

Sponsored Links
Run it through the kickspace under the cupboards, then just cut a hole in the bottom of the appropriate cupboard, bring the pipe up inside the cupboard, fit a standpipe and hook drain hose into that.

Can you connect a sink or other to a Soil Stack? I though that it was illegal?
why not connect to outside?

TBH ... that should have all been run before the kitchen was fitted.

Is that the only soil stack you have or is there another open to the atmosphere? I take it the DW is the integrated unit to the right of the sink, left of the cupboard?

Cutting into the wall may be your only option.

Sponsored Links
Is that image real life or a CAD image of the finished install?

If your dishwasher is between the sink and the stub stack then you will need to bury it into the wall.

If this is the built world, then yes, as @Madrab it should have been done as first fix plumbing, before the kitchen fit.

TBH ... that should have all been run before the kitchen was fitted.

Is that the only soil stack you have or is there another open to the atmosphere? I take it the DW is the integrated unit to the right of the sink, left of the cupboard?

Cutting into the wall may be your only option.
Yes it should have been I did ask my plumber to do this but at the time we were still using the stack for sink waste up until the day before the new kitchen arrived and hard to get him back before we started work.
The dishwasher is integrated to the right of the sink.
The above pic is just a CGI as I was at work when I posted that. The dishwasher isn't fully fitted yet and not is sink. Can get to the stack, what's the best route forward?

G65FTuD.jpg

Is that image real life or a CAD image of the finished install?

If your dishwasher is between the sink and the stub stack then you will need to bury it into the wall.

If this is the built world, then yes, as @Madrab it should have been done as first fix plumbing, before the kitchen fit.
It's a CGI pic above shows how it is now. Easy enough to chase out, it's just block. Never really worked on drainage before though 1:40 fall? There is a new exit on the bottom of the stack will that be ok to use or should I use the one at the top which was used previously (the one with the pipe sticking out)

More fall the better.
Try including a cleaning access via a tee so that you can rod the straight run if you ever need to.

Ok, the bottom circular area on the soil stack, is that a premade connection point that needs to be drilled out?

Yes that's a 54mm boss, will take a 50mm/40mm/32mm rubber insert or a 50mm/40mm/32mm solvent weld adapter.

I presume that's a 110mm blank heading right?

Yes that's a 54mm boss, will take a 50mm/40mm/32mm rubber insert or a 50mm/40mm/32mm solvent weld adapter.

I presume that's a 110mm blank heading right
OK so use a hole saw of a the same size to cut then insert pipe? I think by the time I have fitted waste to underneath of sink I will be too low for the higher strap boss connection already in place, would you agree? (under mount sink 190mm depth)

The top of the stack is fitted with a push fit air admittance valve, the bottom is a 110mm push fit blanking plug

Yes, the boss adapter fits into the boss once you've cut out the blank and then the waste pipe fits into the adapter. If it's a 40mm waste then you get a 40mm boss adapter - be it solvent weld (best) or rubber

So cut the hole in the boss, then the insert goes in the stack, then the the pipe goes in the insert?

Correct.

Call it a reducer if you like... 50mm x 40mm. Don't forget to incorporate a tee and cleaning eye for the run in the wall. May never need it, but, if you do.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back