Ryobi Combi Drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I realise there has been some discussion on this already but I have a further specific question to ask...

My Dad has a Ryobi CDI-1800 which has broken and I would like to buy him a new one of similar (or better) spec (perhaps the CDI or CHI 1802M). BUT I don't know whether he will need new batteries (i.e. 18v 1+) for these models or if he would be able to use the ones that he has currently (which are not 18v 1+)?

Does anyone know for certain if these newer models are compatible with old batteries (the type that have no yellow stripe!)

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
yes all the ryobi stuff with a release button either side off the battery are compatable

in general nicads will loose power over the years so even though you can save perhaps £40 by just buying a single tool over a complete set with 2 batteries' its well worth buying a complete set
indeed from £90 to £120 ish you can get a hammer drill and another tool like jigsaw/angle grinder/recip saw/circular saw and many more combinations
just shop around for what combinations are about 'they are often different for different outlets

if you just choose a drill make shure its a hammer drill as you need hammer for drilling in brick walls
this will add around £20 but well worth the difference

Many thanks big-all.

Another very useful reply from you.

I suspect you are right about the old batteries not being as good as they could be and so I will probably go for a complete set as you suggest.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back