United Kingdom
Where do they fit in the league table?

DeWalt
Makita
Bosch
Black & Decker
Budget Brands

Sponsored Links
Well, they beat things like BnQ pro, i would say slightly better than black and decker, but no comparason to Makita etc...

Great for the keen DIYer, ok for occasional light trade, but i wouldnt reccomend for everyday pro use.

With the new cordless range they have now, theyre onto a winner.

I have a cordless circ saw/drill myself. The only thing that lets it down is the AH of the batteries, but for £80, you can afford to buy a third battery with a higher rating.

I've got a Ryobi corded SDS, medium weight/power, and I use it every day.

It's the, ahem, f***ing b*llocks.

I also have a Makita cordless 12v driver, extremely good quality, but no better than the Ryobi.

I also have other power tools, one of which is a DeWalt 90° driver - it's cr*p.

Basically, all brands have a spectrum of qualities, and you get what you pay for. If you want something rubbishy and disposable then choose B&D or Wickes - I have one specifically for chasing, so that I don't knacker my good SDS by putting it on rotation stop.

Interesting variety of replies. Since I posted, I have been doing a bit of surfing and it appears that Ryobi was a high end Japanese manufacturer that has sold out and is now Chinese owned. Apparently the Ryobi tools on the market now are not as good as those which were sold a few years ago.

Sponsored Links
i would rate ryobi tools as light to medium trade
at the price they are excelent
i have bosch 24v hammer drill and sirc saw
dewalt 18v r/angle drill driver, hammer drill ,and jigsaw

i have the ryobi 18v 5 peice set+an extra hammer drill
apart from the jigsaw all the ryobi stuff is great but having said that its my secondery kit and if i need heavy its the bosch or dewalt
but i would rate there stuff 70% as good but at less than half the price its great

http://www.itslondon.co.uk/pd_RYOTAKE5_TAKE5_Ryobi18vTake5CordlessKit5pce.htm

you can get this kit for about £100 less if you shop around
but please note this stuff is"NOT"compatable with the ryobi one plus stuff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back