S.O.S Worcester 240 Im replacing the diverter valve tommorow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No hot water only heating, Iv had no trouble with the combie since it was installed 5 years ago
BUT recently[3 months ago] installed a mixer-tap type shower, the centre plunger type, that diverts your tap water into a shower, could this have contributed to the combies dismiss?, should I get shot of it? and if so whats the best type of shower to suit this type of combie?
p.s after educating myself thanks to this exellent site, I may, After I take the diverter valve off, might just as well strip it down and see if the diaphram is split, and if so, just replace that, what have I got to loose 15 or 16 pounds., or is it that just a fools gold type of way to go?
......Thanks,

Sponsored Links
if you're sure it's the diverter valve and not the microswitch assembly or any other component what possible point is there in changing the whole valve if a diaphragm kit is available, the rest of it is just a brass body, nothing to go wrong with that. The diaphragms do go fairly regularly though and although mixer taps aren't recommended for a combi it won't have been the reason for its problem.

Thanks ollski, Thanks to this site learnt about the plunger not firing out to hit the sensor[boiler fires when sensors pressed with a screwdriver]so sounds like the valves the problem, will strip it down and replace the diaphragm tommorow, any little hints what to/not to do?

Sponsored Links
Replaced the diverter valve diaphragm[did take me 3 and 1/2 hours mind start to finish] cost me £17.89p total, few tips I had along the way scanning down the posts e.g,dont turn the ballafix valves off leave them or they may leak, start the system cold no gas till all rads have filled and pressure right, and try and do the job when the wifes out :LOL:
Once again many thanks, best site on the net :thumbup:

Idiot_wind said:
Replaced the diverter valve diaphragm[did take me 3 and 1/2 hours mind start to finish] cost me £17.89p total, few tips I had along the way scanning down the posts e.g,dont turn the ballafix valves off leave them or they may leak, start the system cold no gas till all rads have filled and pressure right, and try and do the job when the wifes out :LOL:
Once again many thanks, best site on the net :thumbup:

Wow 17.98 in total?, you did well to get the inhibitor alone for that!

Presumably he'd also read that you shut the rads and just drain down to the level of the boiler, so you keep most of your elixir?

£17.89? Just for the rubbers? Ouch. That's within a few quid of a whole diverter.

where do you live chris?....in 1980??. retail on that dv is 76.98

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back