Sabre HE boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks
new to this forum but looks good. I need some help please. I have a Sabre HE 35 boiler that was new in Dec 2008, it has run perfect since it was fitted, butt yesterday the boilers red light came on, no heating or hot water, but the fan inside the boiler was still running, so I switched it of at the boiler switch then back on and away it went, until this morning tried the same but nothing but the fan. I removed the outer white casing there was nothing lose, looks ok, So while it was still on the on position with the fan still on I unclipped the lower clips on the front case with the glass window, pulled the bottom of the panel out slightly, then it sucked a wee bit more air in then bingo click, click away she goes Strange! then later when the heating gets up to temp; she wont come back on again unless I unclip and lift the front cover again and so on.
I have misplaced the instruction manual for the boiler so can anyone help.
PS she has not been serviced from new yet.
thanks Wullie1

Sponsored Links
e-mails in profile now, how do I clean the venturi (what is the venturi) excuse my ignonance? :(

cheers wullie

Sponsored Links
Hi
Thanks very much for the info I will go clean my venturi, now I have the book. thanks a lot for e-mailing the book to me so quick, I will let you know how I get on.
cheers
Wullie2

wullie boy

your boiler is 5 months old!!!!
its still under warranty

give them a call

oop's sorry the boiler was fitted Dec 2007 not 2008 as I first said. :oops:
Anyway Today I removed both venturi silicon tubes, firstly I blow through the tubes into the fan casing nice and clear then blow through to the air switch, top one clicked when blowing bottom tube clicked when I sucked it. Every time I play about with the tubes/switch then put the cover back on it works for a wee while then when the boiler cuts off then back on this is where the burner won't come back on, unless I play about with the switch or undue the clips and let a wee bit air in then shes away again for a wee while.
The boiler and fan areas are very clean no dirt or dust to be seen anywhere. Could it be the air switch :mad:

cheers
Wullie2

And still check the venturi, blowing through doesn't always work as the crud may be stuck. Remove, inspect and clean.

It only takes a speck on these.

Hi Guy's
Well' thats it sorted. ;) I thought before I rush out to buy an air switch, I would do what you guy's suggested to me at the beginning, I removed the fan, "not a big job" removed the venturi and the other wee tube fitting and gave them a good clean, there was only very small bits of dirt inside both fittings, I reassembled it and bingo boilers perfect. I cant believe how such a small amount of dirt could cause this problem, Again thanks to all that replied to my posting and also for the book that was downloaded to me.
Were always learning. :D

PS
The inside of the fan was spotless.

thanks Wullie2

I am having the same problem with my sabre he. I basically understand the advice being offered here but feel a little lost without the e-book that was mentioned earlier. would it be possible to be sent it please? :confused:

I cant believe how such a small amount of dirt could cause this problem

The venturi needs to be smooth flowing for the air flow to be fast enough to create the required negative pressure to trigger the pressure switch. If the sides have any debris this sets up turbulence so the vacuum effect of the venturi grossly impaired.

Turbulence is the enemy just as it is in the flue of an open flued appliance. Dodgy builders not cleaning their excess cement from flue blocks or flue linings without register plates, or old solid fuel fire backs where the old back boiler route isn't blocked, ceiling fans and many more things can have you in your grave.

Our job is to spot these things and keep you safe.

Not a job you would want to trust to the ignorant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back