Sage coffee machine

Natural vs. washed, blend vs. single-origin. A fruit salad’s worth of flavor notes. You need a cheat sheet to understand how the descriptors on the bag translate to the taste inside each cup.

Epicurious.com
Interesting but confusing

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Honestly it did educate me but it illustrated how confusing coffee is.

Hints of nuts & coffee more in the mind than actual taste. !
Just wait til you get into weasel vomit. :p It's an acquired taste.

When I venture up North I have all my Jabs. I'll see if there's a jab for
No need - tis ferrets tha's got to fret abaht.
We're obligated to keep at least one in t'yard.

Tried weasel vomit coffee years ago. An acquired taste is all i can say.

I had the worse cup of coffee ever from my sage pod machine this morning. Weak as pîss and tasted like dishwater. When I went back in the kitchen, I noticed I’d left the pod next to the machine and I’d reused a pod that was still in it from yesterday!

I'm.not sure what it is or where I got it from. The machine has its own tamp. I just use it so it has a use.
Hey Bod, how are you getting on with the machine?

my Lavazza capsule machine is playing up and I’m thinking of getting myself a Sage Xmas prezzie.

I can’t decide which model one like youve got or the barista touch or oracle. It might come down to what I can justify to the missus…..

Hey Bod, how are you getting on with the machine?

my Lavazza capsule machine is playing up and I’m thinking of getting myself a Sage Xmas prezzie.

I can’t decide which model one like youve got or the barista touch or oracle. It might come down to what I can justify to the missus…..

I enjoy using it. It does take getting used to but I think I made the ✅️ right choice.

Mine is the impress. The touch does look good but sort of defeats the object of making coffee

20231209_111931.jpg

The Flat Snowman

Sage espresso machines tend to be good value for money compared with others at the same level of performance. They also come with a guarantee and they will be fixed if something goes wrong while it is active. Parts may well fail past this point in the electronics area. Spares are more available than they were or engineers can fix but that option is expensive.

The usual demise / problems with various coffee machines is scale. It gums up the works and in some parts of the uk the water is far harder than others. Descaling is seen a choir so many are reluctant to do it. Best really to do it as often as possible. Steam is the worst for scale build up due to the temperature needed.

When people have a machine that uses a portafilter with grinds in that also causes problems. Bits get sucked back into the machine and clogs stuff up. Sage machines may indicate when to back flush - often enough? I'm afraid I think not. ;) Direct experience.

If it’s anything like my Sage pod machine, it will remind you that it needs descaling and shut down if you don’t run the descale programme. You can trick it by running the programme with no descaler but youre only fooling yourself really.

I have a sage bambino plus in my uk office recently its been cvnting me off, random sh't tasting shots. Ive bought Rave fresh coffee a bottomless basket a new filter basket with super accurate holes apparently, and p1ssed about with shot length weight and grind size.
Actually sitting here now reading through all these poxy tutorials. I am determined to make this fcker give me a decent shot of black coffee...

As a rule of thumb, for espresso, I try to extract twice the weight of grinds to water, so 14g coffee to 28g of water in an extraction time of around 25-30 seconds. If it's sour when you taste it, tighten the grind up, bitter, loosen the grind.

On barista express machines, you can override the amount of water... you may be able to do this on your bambino?

I used some cheapo 'jewellery scales' around £4 from eBay to set-up my machines.

Sponsored Links
Back