Salus RT500RF Programmable Room Stat Questions

We keep having a problem where we wake up in the night and the heating has stayed on and reached over 26 degrees. We have tried setting everything to 19 degrees and tried different variations where the 5th setting is set to 10 or 14 but for some reason we still seem to be waking up to 24-26 degree heat and on just the once 26.5 which was ridiculous. I tried speaking to Salus but the guy I spoke to was very unhelpful and didn't really give me a clear answer and seemed to believe that I hadn't set it correctly. I don't understand how it can ever reach 24-26 degrees if the maximum heat ever set has been 19? We have twins arriving in the next couple of weeks and as it is winter we can't afford to have the heating off all night but don't want it to reach 26 degrees as it did last week as it will be no good for the babies. Has anyone else had this issue or found a solution?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The reason the stat is coming on during the night/ always being on is setting number 5, there are 5 settings on the Salus

1 is the time you want heating on eg, 07.00 and set the temp (20)

2 is the time you want it to go off eg, 10.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

3 is the time to come on an evening eg. 17.00 and set the temp (20)

4 is the time you want it to go off eg, 23.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

5 the problem many people have is that they do not set number 5 correctly, this is a night/ frost stat and if you don't set the time and temperature same as 4 ie, 23.00 and 10*c then the heating will stay on.

I have had quite a few customers who struggle with the instructions so i typed it out in plain English as a word document and give it to them so its easier, if you want send me your e-mail address and i will mail it to you.

The reason the stat is coming on during the night/ always being on is setting number 5, there are 5 settings on the Salus

2 is the time you want it to go off eg, 10.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

4 is the time you want it to go off eg, 23.00 and set the temp (10 this will turn it off)

5 the problem many people have is that they do not set number 5 correctly, this is a night/ frost stat and if you don't set the time and temperature same as 4 ie, 23.00 and 10*c then the heating will stay on.

I have had quite a few customers who struggle with the instructions so i typed it out in plain English as a word document and give it to them so its easier, if you want send me your e-mail address and i will mail it to you.
Could send me instructions please

MOD: Email address removed. Please use direct messaging instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links

I have had quite a few customers who struggle with the instructions so i typed it out in plain English as a word document and give it to them so its easier, if you want send me your e-mail address and i will mail it.

MOD: Please use direct mail.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back