Salus RT500RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me why my thermostat seems to have a mind of its own. All the timer switches have been set but the heating doesn't seem to be coming on when its timed to. For the last few days there has been no heat when we get up or when we get home. The plumber has been round today and cleaned the system out and replaced a pump but has said that he thinks the reason the heating isn't working is due to the Salus product.

The weird thing is that you can overide the system by turning the temperature up on the thermostat and the heating comes on, so why doesn't it come on to the timer???

Help, I have two children 2 and 4 years old and we are freezing - with no simple solutions I think and yes I'm female so simple instructions would be great :)

Sponsored Links
When you say ‘why doesn't it come on to the timer’, do you mean the time settings of the Salus programmable thermostat or another timer? If you have programmed the thermostat to come on at the required times to the required temperature, then all should be well.

I've set the timer on the thermostat but its not coming on when it should do. It should come on at 6am and off at 9.00 then on at 4pm and off at 11pm but when I get up and when I get home, no heating. I then turn the temperature up on the thermostat manually and it comes on but not without doing that process. That's what is so weird about it.

If you are having to turn the thermostat up to turn on the heat then it sounds like the set temperatures are not high enough or the normal timimg programme is not enabled. The default programme sets the thermostat to 21C at 6am and 4pm which should be high enough. Check the set temperatures you have. Also you could try reseting the thermostat to reinstate the default programme.

Sponsored Links
The temperature gauge is on 24 degrees. To reset is it just a case of hitting the reset button and then re-programming?? Sorry I'm such a blond - lol!!!

I think with these you can't set off times as such, you can only set on times. So if you want an off period you need to set it "on" but at a low temperature say 5C. Hope this makes sense!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back