SALUS RT501RF (TX) wirelss timer + boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a relative has recently had a Baxi Duotec boiler fitted with a wireless stats, model: salus rt501rf.

the problem he tells is me the boiler is coming on at various times of the day outside of the timer set-times, Ive tried to set it up, as far as i can see ive done it correctly but its still coming on outside these pre-set time

Ive set it up as follows:

Monday to sun morning: come on 5am, max temp set as 25C, off at 9am, min temp 10c

Monday to sun evening: come on at 5pm, max temp set as 25C, off at 9pm, min temp 10c

i cant see why it would come on outside of these times, the base temperate Ive intentionally set is 10c so the boiler should not come on outside of these times

can anyone help as the manual is not much help

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bear bad news but Salus are crap! They pick up signals from everything... Except the ones you want! Apart from binning it and getting a decent RF stat, you can try changing the jumper positions on the back of the unit, so that it works on a different frequency. This did work for mine when I had one but that was years ago and I'd not dream of installing one for a customer (or anyone) again!
You can find resources via Google on how to change the jumpers.

OK thanks ill have a look, im not an expert with electronics but ill give it a go,

does the way Ive set it setup look correct?

also there is another program on the device which i don't understand, programs 1 and 2 are for the morning, programs 3 and 4 are for the evening, then there is a 5th program only to start the boiler but not to stop. surely there should be a 6th

Sponsored Links
As advised you can easily change the frequency but always go with the lowest one if possible they are more reliable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back