Samsung WF80F5E0W4W shuts off mid wash and buttons not responsive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

As of yesterday my previously reliable Samsung WF80F5E0W4W washing machine has developed a couple of issues. The first is that it will simply shut off during a cycle. When this happens the machine cannot be turned back on without unplugging it from the mains for a bit; when plugged back in, it will pick up where it left off and run for an unspecified length of time before shutting off again. I found a paper clip in the drain pump filter and though that might be the cause, but unfortunately not.

The above is coupled with the touch buttons being very unresponsive, they were also fine yesterday. Tapping them does nothing, but if I leave my finger on one for 10 seconds plus, it might register a touch.

Given these two things started at the same time, I am thinking that it's one thing causing both issues (PCB?), but I have been wrong before!

Has anyone come access something like this before?

Sponsored Links
Given these two things started at the same time, I am thinking that it's one thing causing both issues (PCB?), but I have been wrong before!

Likely, your diagnosis is correct. Worth checking the PCB for capacitors which are failing and sourcing/fitting replacements - if you feel comfortable doing that?

Thanks, validation is always nice! I have replaced capacitors in the past, will look into it.

Sponsored Links
No codes, when it cuts out mid cycle it's flat out dead until the mains reset - no display, power button does nothing.

Ohh dear sounds like a power fault on the PCB then, possibly old bulgy electrolytic capacitors as Harry said but also I had a similar fault on my Indesit that turned out to be a corroded via (hole joining two sides of PCB) easy fix but bugger to find especially as you cannot get hold of schematics for these things :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back