Saniflow

spx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm currently in the middle of an extension to the rear of my property, it will add and extra bedroom with en-suite. On the plans the en-suite was supposed to connect to an existing soil stack but my builders in thier wisdom installed a RSJ too high and is in direct level where the exit of the toilet should be.

The only solution they've offered and are sticking to is installing a saniflow. I've been advised to avoid these at all costs but my builders are telling me that there was only a small problem with the older units and are perfectly fine now. Any advice please?

Sponsored Links
all saniflos are a pain at some time.if its poss to connect your toilet straight to the stack then do so.
in other words tell them to put the beam where it should be so you can connect the toilet.

Sponsored Links
Builders.... Don't you just love 'em.
Terms like 'Straight', 'Plumb' and 'Level' take on new meanings not recognised anywhere else in the known universe

The best place for your builder to put a Saniflow is where the sun don't shine.

Maybe he should put his RSJ there too.

Saniflo units are fine if;

a) Everytime you flush the toilet (esp. at 3am) you don't mind the sound of a waste disposal running for a few minutes

b) you enjoy unblocking them if anybody puts anything other than human waste and very soft toilet tissue down them (females and small children seem to put other things down toilets!)

c) You want to use electricity and water to flush your toilet

d) You enjoy having to replace your electric toilet at some point in the near future

e) you like the smell of shredded sh*t in your bathrrom

Tell the builders to move the RSJ to where it is supposed to be and stop sodding around!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back