Saunia Duval Semia Condens F24E heating problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am new to home ownership and the associated problems :( just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction any help appreciated.........

I have a saunia duval semia condens F24e boiler in a 2 bed terrace. The hot water works fine and the boiler fires up nicely however the heating seems to be playing up. If I flick the heating onto constant the gas fires up and continues until 85 (presumably degrees celcius) and then cuts out. The radiators are not warming at all. It worked fine up until recently and no one has changed the settings. It is set to winter use, water temp high heating temp high and I have set the thermostat to a low temp.

I guess it will be an engineer call out but it is entirely possible that I have missed something very obvious.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Could be a stuck diverter valve...

Try turning the heating knob right down to 1. I would guess it will shut down at a lower temperature than 85...

Could be wrong though, it is a Sauny...

Have you checked that the radiators are turned on ???

If so that the isolating valve underneath the boiler are both turned on?

I avoid Sonya Duval like HIV but there is a black diverter valve inside which might have failed, usually because the water is dirty and the gland has leaked into the motor.

Tony

Cheers Dan, turned down the temp to 1 and the temp reduced seems that 85 is the highest setting and it regulates the temp correctly but still no heating.

The heating out pipe is warm at the top where it exits from the boiler but not flowing down the pipe so valve problem sounds probable it sounds like the pump is working too.

Thanks Tony I checked and the heating is all on, none of the settings have been changed from when it was working. I have read some bad stuff about Saunia Duval looks like the vendor of the house went for the cheaper option! Worst thing is she didn't inform us whether she registered the boiler so may end up having to pay for repairs despite it being less than a year old.

Ah the joys of home ownership

Sponsored Links
Give group service a ring in the morning, tell them your problems and give them the boiler serial number. This will tell them that it's still under warranty ;)

The saga continues...................

Luckily found the installation date in some papers and we were still in warranty (just). So engineer comes out and tells my gf that it just needed a little bit of grease as something was stuck.

Great so heating now working except now the water does not heat to proper temp and when the water is run the heating warms up despite the heating being set to off!

Back to Saunier Duval 1st thing tomorrrow! :rolleyes:

Defo sounds like you need a new dv then. Group service muppet, bet he is Glow worm trained :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back