Saunier Duval 30e won't fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello can anyone help with the above boiler which worked fine last night but today won't fire either by using the hot water or central heating. When you trigger the boiler by either method the extractor fan on the top of the boiler locks up at the point of ignition. i have blown through the clear and red pipes that fit between the fan housing and air pressure switch, they all seem clear. the same thing happened a year ago and was down to the pipes in the fan housing being blocked.
any suggestions greatly appreciated..... :)

Sponsored Links
:oops: never been serviced, I hoovered the burner out last year.... now the fan / on the extractor unit is running but the burner still refuses to kick in.

Sponsored Links
maybe I should have left the Hoover in the cupboard and had it serviced properly, but that does'nt help me now does it? :)

nope

thought you knew what you where doing and saving a few bob though at the time

IE
why do i need a registered engineer any daft git can do this :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for the wit but looking back at my post I came on here asking for help, not sanctimony, or to be called any daft git. so can you help or is this all yer got?
:)
thought you knew what you where doing and saving a few bob though at the time yeah don't we all like to get by without resorting to spending money we have not got???

Thanks for the wit but looking back at my post I came on here asking for help, not sanctimony, or to be called any daft git. so can you help or is this all yer got?
:)
thought you knew what you where doing and saving a few bob though at the time yeah don't we all like to get by without resorting to spending money we have not got???

well its coming back and biting you on the ass now boy

im crying in my southern comfort if it makes you feel better
drinking-2.gif

****! that's my favourite drink too!! anyway i have just fixed it, it's the air pressure switch, took one of the pipes off, blanked it off and the burner kicked in!!!!! it's minus 2 here and me and the cat are dancing in the street!! we got hot radiators :LOL:
thanks for your constructive help by the way :rolleyes:

Op, before you go, don't forget to click on the "thanks" button for any of kev's posts that you felt were of particular help. ;)

mmmm so the 'thanks' button will remain untouched, though I do get your point Kev that I could have killed myself with carbon mon poisioning if that's what you mean??....as it turns out nothing to do with it.....and it's all ok now.
;)

One might wonder why the manufacturers did not just bank off one of those air switch tubes.

Across a few thousand boilers they could have saved a few Euros!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back