Saunier Duvall Isofast condens f35e leaking water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have been dropping pressure for the last 2 months approx 0.1 bar / day. Recently this has increased to as much as 0.3bar. I took the casing off the boiler and saw water marks underneath the chamber. When the central heating comes on there is a steady drip from the fan. Could this cause the pressure drop and can anyone give an idea of cost to fix.

http://www.saunier-duval.co.uk/manuals/pdf/current_products/installation_isofast_condensF35e.pdf
Page13 for picture.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
sounds like it could be a washer on the pipes joining the heat ex.might just need nipping up or replacing.

I wouldn't have the first clue how to fix it though. Would that also allow air into the system as I have noticed a small amount of air coming out of an upstairs radiator? I take it I am right in thinking that would be a sufficient leak and I haven't got a problem in the pipework?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Just to ask the question in another way, does anyone think that the leak I spot from the boiler when the central heating comes on result in the pressure loss?
Also the upstairs rads are filling with air, I take it thats because the water has to be replaced by something?
The water is running down the side of the boiler from the nut from the water supply so hope its as simple as that.

I'm struggling to understand why you've got a drip from the fan. It must be leaking down on to the fan from somewhere above. Possibly its condense water from the flue adaptor. but checking this is well out of the realms of DIY so I suggest you get a registered engineer in to take a look, prefferably one who knows your boiler, you might be better off with the Manufacturer in this case. I don't think it is responsible for your pressure loss however. I would check the pipe outside for water, and if not there, you may have a leak in your system.

mick

like i said theres 2 pipes leading to the heat ex both joined with fibre washers. there very close to the fan asembly and nearly exit the same gromit. if boilers on the ****. like i am.get an rgi to look at this first.

If it ONLY leaks when the boiler is firing then thats more likely to be condensate.

Even so I dont think its really from the fan itself, more likely something dripping on to the fan.

It might well be system water from a joint only leaking when hot.

You should not have opened the combustion chamber though. If left it could do significant damage.

A competent gas registered engineer is advisable.

Tony

Sorry, I've investigated a little further and the water is coming from the nut joining the copper pipe to the top left of the boiler. There are 2 pipes going in and it visibly leaks when the central heating is on. I've tried to tighten it by hand but can't turn it. It is in a very difficult place to get at so looks like I'll need to pay a plumber to strip the boiler down to get at it. It does appear to be leaking from both sides if the nut so not sure what can be done.
Thanks for all the comments.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back