SB6000 Crabtree MCB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get a pre July 1992 SB6000 MCB manufactured by Crabtree.

The code is 610/40.

I have already contacted Crabtree and some electrical wholesalers but they only have the new style, which annoyingly has the same code!!!

The difference between the new and old style is the alignment of the Screw for the busbar. The new style is right aligned but the old style is left aligned. Even if you loosen of adjacent MCBs they will still not fit.

Any ideas or work around suggestions would be great.

Many thanks,

David
:cry:

Sponsored Links
B C or D? 6. 10, 16, 20, 32, 40, 45 50A?

ebay? none there. Loot? none there.

I am looking for the 40A

The MCBs follow this pattern for coding: 610/40 for 40A 610/20 for 20A etc..

And B

Thanks,

David

Sponsored Links
they are still available.
like anybody else (except MK it seems) Crabtree still sell all of their old mcbs.
Just go to any half decent electrical wholesaler, and they will get you one. Be prepared to pay at least a tenner though.

btw, all of the 610 range were type 1 (ask your dad :?: )

It is strange though, that you can get old MEM, old Crabtree, some old Wylex and even old Sqaure D mcbs, but none of them still make old RCDs to fit the aforementioned brands, so if that should fail, it's new CU time.

Yes it is, and I have tried to order from them. Problem is they only have the new type and the picture is wrong on the website.!

Thanks,

Well, I found that site by typing "Crabtree 610/40" into Google. Rather than me do it, you can try this and see if you get any other hits featuring the correct MCB.

There will be some out there somewhere..

I have done many searches on the web, i have contacted the manufacturer and have visisted many electrical shops.

Nobody seems to have the old stock.

The reason I was posting the question here was in the hope that someone just happens to know where you can get them. Maybe someone has one and could sell it to me!

If I cant get a new MCB I will be forced to change my consumer board!!! ArghhH!!! This would be really annoying.

Thanks for your help but please don't spend time researching it for me, I wouldn't dream of posting here without doing a google search first, although I'm sure nany would, so thanks for your efforts.

I have already purchased from PED and thefusecompany !

If there is anyone out there that knows where I could get one please let me know.

Thank you all,

David.

Hmmm, I didn't see that ebay shop. Thanks.

I have sent them an email, hopefully they will have one.

Thanks,

David.

Nope he hasn't got any.

Is there anyone else out there with SB6000 Type 1 MCBs???

Thanks,

David

Cool, the DJS site claims to have the mcb I need. I have just ordered one and have requested they check it before they send it.

I spoke to Crabtree today, the guy I have been emailing told me that they were unaware that they had the wrong MCB for the old SB6000 and he would find out why. He said that they are supposed to be making them and he thinks some error has been made.

Thanks for everyone's help.

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back