Scaffolding options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We’re doing self build 2 storey side extension, it’s a slow progress due to other work commitments; what are best cost effective options to get scaffolding on site for a number of months without breaking the bank?

Sponsored Links
Get some quotes in with unlimited hire? My scaffolder didn't specify a time limit.

Sponsored Links
Most of the companies that I have used are pretty relaxed about the duration that the scaffolding will be required for.

Smaller one man bands might need to charge a pro rata rate because they have fewer poles and boards.

A mate of mine is a brick pointer, he often has scaffolding up for months and doesn't pay any extra, primarily because he uses the company all year long.

Try to get recommendations from other tradesmen. A couple of years ago, I needed a single lift. The company I wanted to use was too busy. I googled scaffold companies. .The first result was about £650 ex VAT. I asked a plasterer in my local pub and he gave me a small scaffolder's number. £250 for cash, but on the understanding that I would only have it for 10 days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back