Scantronic 9450 siren connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, could you help me with this queory. Im trying to connect a siren to my scantronic 9450 panel. it is a separate siren (not a bellbox) with just red+ and black- wires to connect.
how do i connect this and close the bell tamper circuit? i am also going to connect a separate strobe in the future again unsure of connections are the BELL and STR(strobe) connections for neg or pos wires?
thanks

Attachments

• panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 241
Sponsored Links
What type of siren ? If it's a speaker connect across LS if it's a 12v Sounder Aux 12v red ... Bell black link
Link Aux - to TR to bypass the bell tamper

What type of siren ? If it's a speaker connect across LS if it's a 12v Sounder Aux 12v red ... Bell black link
Link Aux - to TR to bypass the bell tamper
thanks for the reply.
I have now done this but still have a problem.
the siren works fine when in best test mode, but when I simulate an actually alarm situation it doesn't ?? the panels internal speaker sounds but no siren. does this suggest a faulty panel or am I missing something?
what should the scb/sab selector be set at, could this be an issue?

Sponsored Links
Yes it was on e/e zone, didn't realise there was a pre alarm. switched it to zone 1 to test, problem solved
thanks for your help :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back