scantronic 9800 alarm going off on daily basis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hope some can help me. my alarm keeps going off on a daily basis.the strange thing is the code that comes up. its like F2 but the 'F' is turned upside down and i cant find any such code in the manual.
its been going off everyday for the past 3 days. the wife tells me the alarm stops as soon as she enters the entry code. once you reset it, it goes back to normal and then goes off again the next day.

can anyone please shed some light on this?thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd suggest it is a tamper circuit problem, circuit 2

thank Europlex. any ideas on how to fix this tamper circuit proplem?many thanks

Sponsored Links
no work around the house done. the front door viper is on t2.had kids around the house last week so i am thinking they must have been kicking it or something but for three consecutive days?
anyway i have reset the alarm and i am hoping it does not go off again.
thanks

Different sorts of 'Vipers', & different sorts of Anti-tamper switches.

Suggest you gently tighten the lid screw a little on the 'Viper', you never know!

thanks Europlex.will do that.fingers crossed. did not go off yesterday.fingers crossed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back