Scantronic i-on 40 plug by outputs - logic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I was hoping somebody could help me with the following: I have a scantronic i-on 40 panel and I'm trying to integrate it with some home automation stuff.
I need a couple of outputs to indicate set / part set status, so I thought I'd use a couple of the plug-by communicator outputs. The first output (OP/1) is set to 'Full Set" and the second output (OP/2) is set to "Part set". This works fine when I manually test the outputs, however the outputs don't become active when the system is part or full set.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Stefan

Sponsored Links
the event log confirms the system was part set and full set?

the outputs are programed correctly?

have you been able to measure the outputs changing state or use any diagnostics showing the outputs changing when the system is full or part set?

Yes, the event log shows "System Set" or "System Part Set B", respectively.
As far as I can tell, the outputs were programmed correctly, i.e. "Full Set" and "Part Set". I was wondering whether it has something to do with the fact I was using the outputs that are reserved for the plug-by communicator, or maybe it has something to do with the fact that I did not have "Siren + Comms" selected for any of the part set options.

Anyway, I have solved it for now by using OP3 and OP4 (i.e. the 'normal' outputs) for my interface and one of the plug by communicator outputs for my dialler. This configuration works.

Thanks for your reply!
Stefan

Is/was the system set up for partitions? Had you programmed the plug-by outputs for the correct partition(s)?

Sponsored Links
No, it is set up as a part-setting system, not a partitioned system.

I'll do some more experimenting and see what I can find out...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back