Scirocco Screen Washers not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a 2014 car with very low mileage.
The washers suddenly stopped working yesterday.
Have filled the reservoir up today with water and anti frost solution, went out for a run.
Tried washers out. no action from the windscreen jets at all.
Any advice very welcome.

Sponsored Links
Check the fuse if okay Disconnect battery for 10 mins then reconnect my caddy does it when there frozen you might get a steering wheel symbol pop up but that will reset it's self

Frozen is my guess. The ice doesn’t melt when you add some anti-freeze washer fluid. Both our cars have suffered it the past week and they have solution down to -10°c in them. After a run and parking up for a couple of hours or more they unfreeze and are working again.

Sponsored Links
Three examples of frozen washers this year.......Berlingo Multispace and Polo both just needed fuses........one Fiat had expelled the pump through it's grommet due to ice.
John :)

VW got some kind of cut out on there's which needs resetting don't know why when there is a fuse

Generally its the washer jets them self that freeze . That's the idea of the heated washer jets on most cars now

Not had any frozen jet problems using Halfraud's winter (pink) ready mixed solution, but in rare extreme temperatures had the same solution partially freeze on the 'screen when the blades wipe it.
Not the cheapest way, but years ago I became tired of getting the mix wrong when topping up. At service time the garage has strict instructions not to fill the washer tank.

Again many thanks for all replies.
Assuming that a fuse was needed I ordered a box, which arrived this morning.
On removing appropriate fuses I found them all OK.
On trying out the washers, found that they now worked fine.
This great car stands in the drive all the time and in shade of trees.
It would seem that it took about 3 or 4 days to "thaw out" after the freeze-up.
Next winter I will make sure there is a 50% (at least) anti-freeze mixture in the reservoir!

Sponsored Links
Back