Scottish independence.

As far as I am concerned, I want to get shot of the Westminster Parliament, not the English.

Don't we all? LibLabCon are all the same these days.

But there is another option: vote UKIP.

Yes, they have their critics, but how will we know unless we give them a chance?

I'm pretty sure that the Scottish referendum will result in a 'No', and it will not be as close as the pollsters are making out.

But nil desperandum. You need not be stuck with LibLabCon. Let's start by our getting our collective independence from the EU.

Sponsored Links
If Scotland is this bad, why are the members of the Westminster parliament trying so hard to keep it?

As far as I am concerned, I want to get shot of the Westminster Parliament, not the English, I am sick and tired of being a periphery problem for Westminster, whose leaders at present and the entire "Machine" of Westminster appear to me not to understand the Scots ethos, buckie and mars bars aside.

How would the majority of English voters feel if everyone in England voted for say the European Parliament, but only one candidate from the totally single dominant party in that parliament was elected to represent all voters in England within a totally dominant party? Scotland has one Conservative MP in Westminster, how do you think this feels, just think about it for a few seconds. O and this has been on-going for some time?

It is interesting to see the word Jock used in previous posts, a somewhat dated slang? or is this how us up here in the far frozen north are perceived?

Not to worry, soon we will not be paying for Trident, the house of Commons, and the Lords, and we can have a better grasp of Oil revenue, no not all but? what happens with the new oil finds? not part of any previous agreements?

We in the last few days have been promised a load of what? all the three English Parliamentary Parties are singing from completely differing song sheets, which one do I believe? and when will it happen, Devo what, certainly NOT MAX! Devo minutia more like. all delivered at the 23 Hr. and 59 minutes and 50 Seconds. all postal votes are in, they have been disenfranchised big style, but that is typical of Westminster as regards their, what appears to be cavalier attitude to us up here, devo max was vetoed by Westminster, now it is being stuffed down our throats by Westminster.

Who can I trust? appears I can not trust Westminster, and I re-iterate not the English, as a group of people! just the politicos. It really began to boil up here with Maggie there are a load of places up here that have an almost pathological hate for that era, and all that went on, pole tax being the "headline"

have fun with the above.

CHEERS GUYS, I WILL VOTE yes, YES, YES [If I had three votes?]

Good for you Ken, I'm really hacked off having to listen to Salmonella, he really grates on me, a right tumpsheeheed, I'm going to ask my daughter in Glasgow and my bestie who lives on the Isle of Cumbrae to vote yes just to see that slimy git fall flat on his face!!

As I said before, in a few years when everyone is driving around in electric cars there will be no need for North Sea oil.

Sponsored Links
As far as I am concerned, I want to get shot of the Westminster Parliament, not the English.

Don't we all? LibLabCon are all the same these days.

But there is another option: vote UKIP.

Yes, they have their critics, but how will we know unless we give them a chance?

I'm pretty sure that the Scottish referendum will result in a 'No', and it will not be as close as the pollsters are making out.

But nil desperandum. You need not be stuck with LibLabCon. Let's start by our getting our collective independence from the EU.

JBR, you took the words out of my mouth!!

Just to ask re: electric cars.

Where do you think the electricity comes from?

You must be really stupid, as Squeaky says, it comes from sockets, thanks Sqeaky,

Solar panels have new technology apparently, they don't need direct sunlight, give them a few more years and they will even work north of Hadrian's Wall..

It's not about scraping to the current monarch.
No, it's being told to scrape to all of them.
Don't forget the rest of the pyramid.

It's about recognising that this country is the sum of it's parts -
I think that quote is about something being good because it is more than the sum of its parts.

and the monarchy is an important one of those parts.
Important to whom?

A part that has stood the test of time and made this country what it is today.
That is obviously true but to what do you attribute that.

Divinity or is it perhaps something to do with making the rules which you seem to enjoy obeying?

A county that you and your fellow invaders are queueing up to get into - desperate to get away from their own hopeless, anarchic dust bowls.
Have also been here a lot longer than the Saxe-Coburg-Gothes and/or Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburgs

But then, all you see is someone who talks posh and has more money than you.
Where did they get it?

No, you don't have to scrape to any of them. When were you last forced to? We live in a democracy (almost), but with a strong figurehead - ultimately a powerless figurehead.

Whatever may be wrong with this country, and there's plenty, it wasn't caused by the current or recent monarchy. By the same token, getting rid of them will solve nothing, except make the leftys a little less bitter about their own lack of progress in the world for a few weeks.

I'm aware of the usual wording, ie. ' something being good because it is more than the sum of its parts.' But as I said, there's plenty wrong with this country, so now it has slipped down to only be the sum of it's parts.

As far as I am concerned, I want to get shot of the Westminster Parliament

And if it happens I want rid of a central belt government the minute it starts......why replace one government miles from me that doesn't give a **** for another?

Due to our geographical location we will likely be entitled to a large chunk of the precious black gold.....possibly all of it if enough people vote the right way.

No, you don't have to scrape to any of them.
Well, you won't be allowed anywhere near them, then.

When were you last forced to?
Never been anywhere near them but if I had I would have had to.

We live in a democracy (almost), but with a strong figurehead - ultimately a powerless figurehead.
Really?
I have nothing against The Queen herself but the system.

If She is just a figurehead (which we have to have) why are all the other layers of the feudal system allowed to continue?
Dukes, Earls, Counts, Marquesses, Viscounts, Barons, Lords, Knights (any old Knight will do now).

Whatever may be wrong with this country, and there's plenty, it wasn't caused by the current or recent monarchy.
No, but it is hindered by the rest of the Class system.

By the same token, getting rid of them will solve nothing, except make the leftys a little less bitter about their own lack of progress in the world for a few weeks.
It is fatuous to keep on about the feelings/jealousy of the lefties.
It is an unjust, anachronistic system.

Remember how Charles and Camilla were not 'an item';
would never be allowed to perform public duties together;
would not be allowed to marry;
how she will not be allowed to be Queen - time permitting she will;
how she will not be the Princess of Wales - she is.

It's all nonsense and they change the rules to suit and brainwash you through the sycophantic/instructed media - wake up!

I'm aware of the usual wording, ie. ' something being good because it is more than the sum of its parts.' But as I said, there's plenty wrong with this country, so now it has slipped down to only be the sum of it's parts.
:)

Pmsl the US of A spend billions and billions manufacturing weapons and invading countries and being responsible for the killing of millions of people and thousands of its own service personal for OIL

WHY

If oil isnt that important do they not just invest all those billions in electric car technology then there would be no need to fight these wars and kill innocent women and children

If Scotland is this bad, why are the members of the Westminster parliament trying so hard to keep it?
The sensible answer is to avoid the damage it will do to both Scotland and the remainder of the UK. If I was Scottish or lived in Scotland I would certainly be voting yes. No doubt. But in reality it will set us all back by quite a bit.

A couple of things I can't work out. If Scotland adopts the pound I'm not sure it could call itself independent. What sort of Country has it's currency and currency index controlled by another Country? Secondly, the situation with the Scottish banks has been played down but, again, what sort of Country is it that its National bank ups and ****es of to another Country? Can you imagine the Banque de France looking up one day and saying, sorry but France is a basket case (which it is) we're off to London. Thirdly, what is meant by a 'fairer' society? Do the Scots think we are all working our boiiocks off down here so we can have an unfair society.

Pmsl the US of A spend billions and billions manufacturing weapons and invading countries and being responsible for the killing of millions of people and thousands of its own service personal for OIL

WHY

If oil isnt that important do they not just invest all those billions in electric car technology then there would be no need to fight these wars and kill innocent women and children

We could, if we wanted to, become completely independent of middle eastern oil right now.

Most forms of transport (and heating) could manage without oil, using electricity instead. And electricity could be generated almost entirely by nuclear power if we only had the will to invest in it properly. France does.

The only means of transport that would still rely on oil would be air travel, and that could not be achieved using electricity. Still, even then, other options exist: hydrogen can be isolated by electrolysis, and there are other fossil fuels such as shale gas.

I would dearly love to see the market for middle eastern oil dry up. They could then revert to their mediaeval practices in a truly mediaeval environment. We wouldn't trouble them, and we shouldn't permit them to trouble us. Just leave them to their own devices.

Islam in incompatible with civilised societies.

Sponsored Links
Back