Scottish Power Connect and Valliant ecoTEC pro 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm trying to wire my SP Connect to my Valliant boiler.

I've found this but not sure how to wire the heating and water (if needed) to the boiler
EcoTec-Plus-83-heating-and-water.png

Here's the Connect
Connect.jpg

Here's what I'm thinking:

Connect - 230 L & N to Boiler L & N mains connection (X1)

Connect (if neeeded) - C0M 2 to Boiler L mains connection (X1)

Connect - COM 1 to Boiler L mains connection (X1)

Conneect NO 3 to Boiler RT 230 V AC room thermostat (X1)

Do I keep the bridge on 24 V DC room thermostat (X100) or remove it??

Thanks for any help!!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi picasso,

Thanks for the reply.

It's on the title, isn't it visible? The boiler is the Valliant ecoTEC pro 24. It.s a combi boiler. I can send the Manf No if that woulld help?

You should put the cover back on the boiler and leave well alone. It's not a place for DIYers to be - the casing forms the safety room seal and should only be removed and refitted by suitably qualified Gas Safe Registered engineers capable of carrying out the Regulation 26.9 checks.

Sponsored Links
Hi muggles,

thanks for your concern and for jumping to assumtions.

I don't recall saying anything about removing covers, what I do for a living or, if i'm not able to carry out the work, it's something that will be done by a DIYer.

Are yo familliar with that controller? Have you delt with SP with regards to wiring that controller? If you have you would know their stance is, if our contrller needs rewiring, you need to pay us to do it!

Do you work for Scottish Power by any chance?

Rest assured that no boilers were harmed during the making of this post :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You cant know for certain how the boilers wired in currently without taking the case off, and if you were a registered gas engineer for a living your already know that the wiring for that controller is the same basic wiring that a majority of older controllers used.

DIY gas advice is not allowed on here other than to advise you that removing the cover of the boiler is required and affects the saftey therefore cannot be advised on here.

Either pay them what they want or get any gas fitter local to you to do it.

All sorted and working fine now. The COM 1 needed a bridge to the live (on the back of the controller) to get it comunicating with the boiler control. Simple oversite by the gas engineer who fitted it unsucessfully I suppose :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back