Scrap copper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a amature sculptor looking for scrap copper as pure as possible for making bronze. Willing to pay the going rate for scrap. must be in south wales area.

Sponsored Links
I too would like any scrap copper, brass, stainless steel, aluminum, silver, gold, platinum, titanium, or other precious metals/gems. Willing to collect and willing to award nectar/tesco clubcard points to donor.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I am a amature sculptor looking for scrap copper as pure as possible for making bronze. Willing to pay the going rate for scrap. must be in south wales area.

If you want to make it into bronze then its not very important how pure it is.

Most casting requirements are met from scrap large bronze industrial water valves!

Have you got a 1300° C furnace? Must get round to selling mine!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I need it fairly pure. I want to make silicon bronze for detailed sculpture. The components have marked effect on pouring, shrinking and the surface tension. So its best that impurities are cut out as much as possible.

I have been looking for silicon bronze for some time online but have not been successful, also scrap yards generally don't have silicon bronze unless some geezer has nicked some statue or plaques and sold them to some unscrupulous steptoe type.

Yes I have a furnace that will suffice, its homemade. I havent melted copper yet but I have easily melted brass in it after a short time, so I'm confident it will get to a few 100 more degrees.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back