Scrap Metal (Copper) Prices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are always hearing about hos the price of scrap metal has done through the roof and I would be grateful if someone could advise me how much to expect from my stash!

I recently had a 2br house completely replumbed and had loads of pipes and a copper tank removed. Any ball park figures?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I`m in Sussex- I`ll call round with me scales and cash :idea:

What is the weight of the cylinder and the pipe ( seperately )?

Tony

Sponsored Links
:D - I know Bon.Girl is somewhere in E. Sx. because there are only a certain number of proper Bonfire Societies - and I used to get well ****ed @ most of them back in the 70`s :mrgreen:

LOL - thanks for your replies guys BUT none of you have given me an indication of the approx value. Any pointers appreciated.

Oh - and Nige F - our paths have crossed before (we both admire a rather well known artist that you went to school with)!

x

Current average price paid of £3.90 per kilo delivered to scrap merchant. If you can get to E.M.R. you'll get about the best rate, smaller merchants will allow for their mark up.

2 weeks ago getting roughly £4.50 a kilo and 50 quid for un lagged cylinder ,
if whole house you will get roughly 200 quid poss upto 250

Current average price paid of £3.90 per kilo delivered to scrap merchant. If you can get to E.M.R. you'll get about the best rate, smaller merchants will allow for their mark up.
hmm. I was told it was closer to £5/kg due to renewed demand from China. Agreed that the one man bands will try it on. A few years ago I enquired their rates and was offered 50% less than EMR.

Whats the value of lagged cylinders?

Is there any easy way of increasing their value?

Scrapy around my way knocks 2kg off cylinder weight if lagged and will disc cutter them open if he hears rattling inside but overall very fair with prices

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back