screed looks like Aero

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New house, just discovered what the screed (may be levelling compound)
is like .
Any reason to be concerned?

Attachments

• 080F1A21-B7BB-496F-AF21-16F0458542F2.jpeg
    080F1A21-B7BB-496F-AF21-16F0458542F2.jpeg
    376.8 KB · Views: 90
Sponsored Links
It's a mess! Screed is supposed to be level and smooth.
I've screeded two floors in my time and neither of them had these 'burst' air bubbles in them! It seems as though it's just been poured on and left to find it's own level. It should have been trowelled out to a fairly even finish and let to set. Trowelling would have also released the trapped air, thus helping to prevent this happening.

Mixed too fast (adds air) and possibly too thick (air couldn't escape), I'd say.

As woody says, tile, laminate or wood over it or fill it smooth for a soft covering like thin carpet, lino or LVT. Thick carpet and underlay you might not notice

If by new house you mean "Barratt just finished building it" it will be riddled with "lowest price won the work, job done as quickly as possible to try and make some profit on it" manifestations thus, alas.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.
Is the only concern s that associated with “thin” floor coverings?

Shouid the builders be chased to rectify ?

Last edited:
Thin, and flexible enough to deform to the shape of the substrate..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back