Screw help

Cuz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
New here :) ...
I'm hanging a flat screen TV on the wall, in the instructions it says i need "M6 x 12" screws to fit in the back of the TV.
Sorry for being thick :rolleyes: but does anybody know what these are and where i can get them?
Also are they known by a different name by any chance :?:

Cheers

Cuz

Sponsored Links
big-all said:
sure its not m6[bolts]x12 as 12"screws would pass through the average wall and out the other side :D

Mmmmm don't like the sound of that-Ouch :eek:

Thanks for your reply though :D

I'll quote exactly what it says in the instructions;

"The mount and screws (M6x12) are not included, please purchase these items separately, be sure the mount can bear 20KG"

The screws (8 of them) are for holding the mounting plate to the back of the TV, so i don't think i'll be needing bolts but with my knowledge of DIY you never know :p

Cuz

Sponsored Links
Inky Pete said:
M6 is the diameter of the threaded section of the bolt, 12 is it's length in mm.

Something like these:-

EDIT

Should be able to get them from B&Q etc., but I'd have thought they'd have come with the TV mount. You sure they didn't?

Thank you :D

I'll write that down and pop off to B&Q.

I did get some fixings including screws with the mount (Bracket) but the ones to screw into the back of the TV are the wrong size, the instructions that came with the bracket did warn me about some VESA compliant TV's not not being exactly compliant :mad:

Thanks again for the help.

Cuz

Big-All

If you go to an engineers merchants they will refer to the item in quetion as a "machine screw". The difference between a bolt is that a machine screw has the shank threaded along it's entire length whereas a bolt has an unthreaded part of the shank called a shoulder. I've had the local nut and bolt guy give me chapter and verse on this enough times that it's now firmly wedged twixt the ears.

Scrit

thanks scrit :D :D :D

if you repeat it several time over the next week it will probably sink in ;)

otherwise it will be one of those things that we get half way to the shed and think what am i after :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

TV's on the wall :D

Went to B&Q to buy the above, what a bunch of Muppet's they are if you don't know what you're looking for :rolleyes:
Ended up with some guy who was just shopping showing me where and what stuff i needed, he even picked out the right masonry drill bit for me :D

Thanks again for the help

Cuz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back