Scriptomatic machine!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a very old Scriptomatic machine (an old addressograph machine!) the flex cable colour are Green, Black and White with the missing plug.

I'm guessing, Green is earth, Black is live and White is neutral (?)

Sponsored Links
Don't want to sound stupid, but can you open up the machine to see where the cores go?

masona said:
I've got a very old Scriptomatic machine (an old addressograph machine!) the flex cable colour are Green, Black and White with the missing plug.

I'm guessing, Green is earth, Black is live and White is neutral (?)

If it is of American origin then YES Black is LIVE

But also CHECK the green is connected to the metal work of the machine and also that the black is connected to the on-off switch if fitted. It is not un-known for some-one to reconnect the lead internally when confused by BK Wh Gn cable

And it probably 110 volts and NOT 230 volt so will need a transformer 230 to 110 if used in the UK.

Also it will be designed for 60 Hz so if used on UK 50Hz supplies induction motors will rotate slower than they should. Also any transformers or solenoids in the unit that are working on AC may run hot.

Bernard
Sharnbrook

Thanks lads,

Scripmatic SA Geneva Switzerland

Model 34

Serial no: 34-1169-56

Volts: 220

Amps: 1/2

Cycles: 50

Green goes to earth

Black goes to a small tranformer

I think White goes to fuse holder

I think I shall leave it alone as I don't know what I'm doing, just wanted to collect as much information whoever was interested in old machine (was my grandfather and it's over 80 yrs old) I may give it away to museum

Sponsored Links
masona said:
(was my grandfather and it's over 80 yrs old) I may give it away to museum

That's no way to talk about your Grandad!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back