SD Thelia 23 problem: Pilot light does not stay on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Saunier Duval Thelia 23. It was working fine until I turned off the mains power this weekend to change a fuse elsewhere. After I turned the power on I realised the pilot light had gone off.

I tried to turn on the pilot light by pressing and holding the black switch. I can see the pilot light coming on after a few seconds. When I let go of the switch, the pilot light goes off as well. This happens even if I hold on to the black switch for more than a minute.

Can someone suggest what may be wrong? Would it be the 'pilot thermo couple' or the switch itself?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
hi could be thermo-couple or could be interrupptor connected to o/heat stat. to check get a multi-meter and set to mva put one probe on thermo-couple other probe on o/heat stat lug s/be about 10-12 mva. repeat on other terminal of o/heat stat reading s/be equal if not replace o/heat stat.. if thermo-couple the replacement will be different to original, pilot went out because power switched off fan needs to be running to oxy-genate pilot flame

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back