SD1+ dialer and scanny 9752

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have the 9752 unit, to which i want to attach the sd1 dialer.

The 9752 has a communicator harness, can i just connect output 1 on the panel to input 1 on the sd1 etc?

The diagram for the sd1 shows use of resistors which kind of threw me a bit...

Can anyone give me a quick/rough guide?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

When the SD1 is triggered from the bell output of the scanny, the resistor is placed, because there is a tendency for the bell to trip at the same time. I don't think you absolutely need a 1K resistor, however, Maplin sell them by the million and they are a dawdle to connect. I'll come back to you on the outputs of the panel.

It would appear that you can use the three outputs on the 9752 to trip the inputs of A. B. and C of the SD1. Why not give it a try without the resistors first, and then take it from there.

Should i not use the harness provided?

I was thinking output one from the harness, to input one on the sd1 etc?
12v and 0 v also provided through it?

Just not sure if its a straight one to one or if settings need to be changed

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Quite a few people just use the A input on the SD1 and don't bother with B and C, but if that's what suits you, give it a try.

I'm a bit up in the air about this 'harness'. I assume we are talking about the digital communicator outputs. Provided you can find a output that sinks -12V to provide a negative trip, then why not give it a go. Although I believe the SD1 can be programmed for positive trip also.

contacted the guys at cooper security who said, to just connect one to one - ie output 1 on harnes to input a on dialer, etc, and 12v, 0v provided in harness to.

All done and working.

Well done again, Uncle BoB. But what is this harness we are talking about ?

Hi,

Thanks for that.

I didn't realise one was included.

Take Care.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back