SDS core drills

H

hav it

Hi all its time for me to get a new core drill and drill set. My last one was a makita what was ok but not fantastic. What make are you installers currently useing and how do you find them . thanks john

Sponsored Links
i have a makita 8406c - this has variable speed control and you can set the speed to match the core diameter , thus prolonging the life of the core . I also have two types of core (hard and soft) from tyrolit . I have had these cores for the last 4 years and use them for flues and soil pipe . I mainly install so they get plenty of use . They cost apx £100 each . 127mm .

Arf

i have been looking at the bosch or dewalt drills they seem to be popular..

Sponsored Links
metabo are awesome but a would think you must be a very old and near to retirement to have one.

dewalt are black and decker
makita good but...
old yes near fifty i suppose but how does that detract from the business?

I have pne costs pennies to stitche drilll and take perfect circle out with small chisel on inside minimal make up on outside . takes me lesss than 10 mins

We use DeWalt and Makita. Neither DeWalt has given a problem but both Makitas have been back at least once for repair.

The DeWalt is a far more durable machine than the Makita, but you will need a core drill thread adaptor, as the DeWalt is non standard.

DeWalt are owned by Deck & Blacker, but then so are some other premium electric tool brands. The product is very good.

Bosch all the way!

I have had numerous SDS drills in the past, mainly cos they keep getting nicked.

Bosch best by far (blue pro range obviously). Reliable, take any abuse and never break (in my experience). They are also a bit cheaper than Dewalt, Makita and Metabo.

I have one with rotostop at the mo, so can chisel with the best of 'em!

Only my Panasonic 24v cordless is better! :D

I had a metabo for three years used it every day. it had a kango, sds, and wood.used to core with it as well. It finally give up. Thought i would try a bosch. It lasted one week. Brought another one . I don't think it finished the day. im back on Metabo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back