Sealed System Airlock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It appears I ahve an airlock where the upstairs and downstars returns meet. If rads are on as normal no heat in upstairs radiators. If I trun all down stairs off I get heat upstairs.

Since this has happened and just prior, very noisey in the pipes where the returns combine.

Any ideas how to fix - getting v cold.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
In a properly designed sealed system any air should be driven to the boiler or rads where it can be bled out.

As you say nothing about your system its difficult to suggest how to deal with it.

Any heating system should obviously be correctly designed and maintained.

Tony

Sorry dont know much more about it or what to say. Was installed by a plumber last year who is now miles away.

Just know its sealed. Large hot water tank next to boiler, expansion vessel there to at 1.5bar.

T junction where the returns meet seems to be where the problem lies as the water will only return one way therefore one circuit up or down will not work when other on.

Sponsored Links
Probably just a question of Balancing (cf). Start with all the lockshield valves just a quarter of a turn open.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back