Sealing bath where it meets tiling.....

Hello Bogenot

Thanks for the reply

I wet my finger with soap... just so my finger was slippy.... that worked too.... but I had other problems...read on....

I still haven't got the knack of dispensing the sealant..... when I ran a line of sealant I got a nice bead so far, then I got a thick bit of bead or even a thin bit..... in the end too much sealant..... messy!

Also access behind the wall at the bath taps was tricky.

Although I got the job done at the time.... I wasn't pleased with my technique to say the least..... spent more time cleaning up.... and the sealant left a slight discolouration at some parts of the bath...this didn't show till later when all was dry! I was sure I had removed all... but obviously not :cry:

Boged right enough.

I have seen professionals do it in a flash... looks easy!

Interesting Use of DOW Corning Marine Sealant
DOW Corning marine sealant is amazing.... I used it to seal the bottom of wooden external sliding garage doors. I applied it with a stubby paint brush (bristle cut short).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back