Secom bell box's

Sponsored Links
Just having a drive out yesterday and can't help notice that all Secom bell box's seem to have a separate strobe on them, like in fire alarm systems.

Anybody know what this is and what its for?

Is it called a confirmed light or something, as on their site?

http://www.secom.plc.uk/resources/intruder-alarm-glossary/[/QUOTE]
Based on their description, no it's not.
If it's their older boxes, then it's a strobe.

These boxes seem brand new though, visually anyway

Secom
standard box with red strobe below.

the red strobe is a ` set confirmed ` strobe

as we all know some users still seem to be able to not set there systems correctly, so Secom now fit a `confirmed set` strobe.

easy really as they use Galaxy panels, (some other makes have the same ability, Risco panels (gardiner tech) used to use the bell box strobe to `set confirm`)

its a good thing really, set alarm, run to car, sit and watch the strobe flash!!!
or get a PTS button and do it properly!

Oasis

Sponsored Links
Now now, you know PTS isnt a requirement anymore :D
Did solve a lot of issues though.

Remember when the Veritas came out, strobe on set was default IIRC. People hated it!

Secom on Gals now are they, Hmmmm.
Thought they had an affliction for Castle a while abck?

Remember when the Veritas came out, strobe on set was default IIRC. People hated it!

Same here, always had them down for Castle and Pyronix.

Secom
standard box with red strobe below.

the red strobe is a ` set confirmed ` strobe

as we all know some users still seem to be able to not set there systems correctly, so Secom now fit a `confirmed set` strobe.

easy really as they use Galaxy panels, (some other makes have the same ability, Risco panels (gardiner tech) used to use the bell box strobe to `set confirm`)

its a good thing really, set alarm, run to car, sit and watch the strobe flash!!!
or get a PTS button and do it properly!

Oasis
WRONG :!:

It's not a 'set confirm light' it's a 'confirmed intruder notification', you know, confirm signal following two zone activations within 30mins.
(It's not a Strobe)

Quite often fitted inside the property so that it can be seen before entry.

I think you'll find that the Galaxy and the Pyronix PCX256 seem to be the panels of choice now.
;)

Got 3 ex secom on guardall px18/34s, lovely panels :LOL:

Got 3 ex secom on guardall px18/34s, lovely panels :LOL:
The Glasgow depot seem to have licence to fit what they like though. Too far for the big cheeses in Kenley to get up there.

Yeah, still the same.
They offered me an enticement once, free trip to Japan.

Never took them up on the chance.

Saying that, was given the chance of a free trip to Austria with another company, just took the first class return flight and hotel money instead :D

vitually all the systems that i have visited (that secom have) all seem to be Galaxy.

but a couple of the take overs i did earlier in the year were 9600!! panels
and one 9800!!

shocking really!

but i think they seem to use what they please, price dependant.

looked at the link to Secom`s site, what don't they do?!?!?
looks like a Tyco website! (aunt daisy)

Oasis

Europlex,
confirmed alarm indicator, good idea that one, i like that.
at least the site owner knows whats happend before he/she enters the protected property.

Alarm
i know that PTS are not the norm now, and not really required, but it gives peace of mind to some clients, and it does prevent `fail to set` problems!! (most of the time)

Used to use the Friedland push ( Round 16mm one). Then went onto the ARNIE .............Then the ( cannot rememebr the name now) Think insect eye, raised, backlit. Nasty fooker!

Arnie was the best for reliability.

vitually all the systems that i have visited (that secom have) all seem to be Galaxy.

but a couple of the take overs i did earlier in the year were 9600!! panels
and one 9800!!

shocking really!
Oh come on, with all the take overs that all the BIG alarm companies do, you expect them to replace every working control panel?

What's wrong with old Scantronic panels then?

I know 'in the real world' it would be a good idea, but try explaining that to a customer who has and has had a good working alarm for 5, 10, 15 or more years that they ought to spend cash on updating. (For the benefit of the alarm company)

What about all the 9100s, Omega 5s, K105s, RS125s Abacus of different persuasions, Castle ZX1250s etc etc, all still out there, I could make an even longer list.

It'll never happen.

Also the yearly charge from most, if not all will be $$$$$$

Tongue in cheek > Perhaps when you have been trading for many, many years you might also have some OLD, suspect panels out there! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back