Second door bell connection

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I've connected as instructed but still the original bell Chimes and not the new one.
Any advice appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 135
I just pressed the button as normal only the original chime sounded. I have a volt meter I'll get it out tomorrow and give it another bash. I'll measure both voltages

Sponsored Links
your first bell is a ding dong and as said right at the start, your second bell would also need to be a ding dong to work properly, however as you are testing with a second chime the only way the second chime would work is if you press and hold IN the button.

Holding in the button, the first bell will ding and go silent, your second bell should start chime sequence, it may take a second or so to start.
When you release the button the first bell will then Dong and your second chime will stop.
With the button held in there should be about 10 volt AC at each end of the link cable

Thanks will try that tomorrow. So is the only way to get this second chime to work by holding in the door bell button?

Not in normal circumstances, but in your case it cant be used Without unnecessary work, It is not designed for what you want.
If your keeping the first ding dong bell then the only extension bell is a Ding Dong

Ok I'll try and borrow a ding dong bell next few days and try that. Hopefully like you say the transformer in my current one will work them both.

Here is a pic. It's the same reading on both chimes. When the button is pressed down, the reading drops to 0 and then back up to 15 when button is released.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 152
I've bought a byron 765 from Argos attached is the instruction. How can I wire this one up? Given up on the other !
The and.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 177
I've tried 0 and 3 initially so that activates the original ding and half dings the new one. This is without a button push. And the ding stays on the original and doesn't dong until it's disconnected.

Here's the original
So it's connected to the same terminals as the White wires are which are connected to the door bell button.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 165

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back