Secondary Heat Exchanger - What to do?

Thanks for the replies!

Getting a new boiler is really out of the question as don't have a spare few grand!? :(

This is what's concerning me! The BG service manager told me I need a the flush & filter........ whereas the engineer said I need just the filter!

I would go else where but TBH I doubt know of any local plumbers & the lifetime gurantee will give me some piece of mind, especially if the boiler is crap!

I'll tell the service manager tomorrow that I don't need the filter, so why is he suggesting both..... I'll let you know what he says!

Sponsored Links
You don't need a filter as you have a lifetime guarantee on your flush but it will certainly protect it in its ongoing years. Oxygen will ingress into the system over time and will cause some corrosion the filter simply prevents it causing damage to the system components, same as an oil filter on a car. Advisable but not obligatory.

advance or x800 on the day I believe.

are they using x800 again? i remember they stopped using it cos it was apparently bad for the environment and they couldnt guarantee the engineers would send it to a foul drain. Maybe sentinel have rejigged the ingredients perhaps. I know they started using some salamander rubbish which was about as useful as fairy liquid, similar to x400 lol

Our lads use x800 micky but it varies from patch to patch, the guys can get the fernox and sentinel stuff off the ft or lpo it if they want something better. We still dose x400 1 week before flush due and they dose again on the day.....even had a new powerflush unit to replace the 12 year old ones!

Could that be Ollie M???

Ur quite right actually Olly, cos Our blokes do use x800 / X400, we only dose it with Fernox.

Sponsored Links
Be aware the typical price for a power flush by an idependent is about £350!

An alternative to a mag filter is a simple gauze filter at about £12 !

Micky from here covers Herts and I cover the southern parts.

Tony

x800 is "Harmless to the environment, completely non-toxic and biodegradable " :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back