Section 104 agreement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased what is effectively someone's back garden, with a view to building a house on it. The seller of the land had extended his sewerage pipes on to the land so that the purchaser of the land could simply link into his sewer.
So effectively what will happen is that my sewerage system will link into the already laid system at the bottom of the plot. That in turn runs through the neighbour's property before joining the public sewer in the road.
In these circumstances, do I need a Section 104 agreement with my water authority?
I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I do live in Wales.

Sponsored Links
It seems that you'll be the last leg of the pipe, so the water company won't adopt that section of drainage under your land, but you will need a 104 agreement for the connection in any case, and adoption of the lateral drain under the neighbour's land.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back