Sectional garage leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I've a sectional garage that is leaking from.under the sections that touch the base.
I cannot put drainage in around the whole building I thought maybe I could just raise the floor by say 100mm though how would I stop the water coming in under the sections and not the new floor?

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
It's a common sectional garage problem. Most people build a slab that is bigger then the garage footprint for ease of fit. You are then expected to put a mortar fillet around the base of the garage to keep the water out, when rainwater strikes the projected toe. This always fails.

Raising the floor level with a 1200g dpm would work but would also make access difficult.

I can't get to the bottom.edges add they seem.So sit below next doors soil. It was all badly built i think.
I don't put a car in it so height isn't much of a problem.
I just wondered if water would get in under the new slab if it will cause problems

Sponsored Links
Mine is built below the ground level - I couldn't get access outside so I put a fillet round the inside - 3-1 sharp sand and cement on an SBR/cement slurry and it has stopped 90% of the water - went from large puddles to small damp patches.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back