Seen a ghost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Talking to a workmate today who swears that our warehouse is haunted. I don't believe in ghosts and am generally a bit of a 'believe-it-when-I-see-it' sort.

He said that sometimes, when he's working, he'll see someone walk past out of the corner of his eye. When he looks up .... NO-ONE'S THERE (Wooooooo!) :eek: :LOL:

I asked him to describe exactly what he saw, objectively. Said he saw a bit of a shadowy movement (in an area with lots of shadows in!).

Now I've had a few of these conversations with friends who claim they've seen a ghost. It's normally along the lines of 'I saw a man at the edge of my bed at night, but when i turned on the light - he was gone'.

Asked the same friends to describe exactly what they saw and they either become suddenly less convinced by their own story 'Yeah, It may have just been my coat on the door' or start to elaborate wildly 'No, it was my nan. She made me toast and everything! But she's been dead for 2 years! ...Wooooo!' :rolleyes: :LOL:

I just always find it strange that 2 people can interpret the same visual stimuli in totally different ways.

Like I said, I'm not a believer but if I were to be confronted by the image of my long-dead granny, clear as day, just popping up to say 'hi' then I may have cause to re-think my belief structure. Until that time, 'things that sort of look like something that was a bit like my nan' or 'fuzzy, out-of-focus photos of a bit of a head behind you on holiday' won't really sway me, I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You see with your brain - not your eyes. Your eyes send electronic stimuli to your brain which then assembles it according to a set of criteria learned throughout your life. When someone who was blind from birth has their sight repaired for the first time - they can't see anything other than lights and colours as their brain has no model to construct their 'sight' from.

Both myself and an ex-girlfriend watched a chair move 2 feet in Chingle Hall on an overnight stay (Thurs 24th Feb 1994). We examined it thouroughly and there was nothing that would explain how/why it moved. I actually moved the chair out of the way so we could put down a sleeping bag..... we were just getting snuggled up and the chair moved, fast and smooth. I was a skeptic, but no longer. Unfortunately, it's something you have to witness to believe. What I can say is that we both saw the same thing and there was no explanation for it to move what-so-ever.

joe-90 said:
When someone who was blind from birth has their sight repaired for the first time - they can't see anything other than lights and colours as their brain has no model to construct their 'sight' from.

Cool! :eek: Never really thought about that.

There have been things that have happend that I couldn't explain. Thing is, I'd be more inclined to try and fit a logical explanation into the situation rather than think; 'ooer! Ghosties!' :LOL:

Incident today at work whilst with the ghost-believing bloke: We were both looking for this item in the warehouse. Couldn't find it. A box falls off the shelf near by. It wasn't the item we were after - the one next to it was, however! Workmate went pale and declared it the work of spooks. I was more ready to believe that it fell off because it hadn't been put on the shelf straight. Who is correct?

Sponsored Links
I have heard many stories myself but I DON'T believe in ghosts. Lets see what future brings.

I once worked in a 17th century stately home. Can't say that I actually saw a ghost although a couple of people claimed too, once in broad daylight as well, but there were a few strange events that led me to think that there may be something to this ghosty lark. Can't abide that show with Derek Acorah and all those screaming nutters though.

Don't you think it odd that now everyone has got a camera in their phone you never get ghost pictures anymore? That tells me the ghosts were just faults on the emulsion in the old days.

I didn't see any clouds, ghosts or anything like that. But just imagine watching your coffee table moving 2 feet to the left quickly and smoothly without any intervention. Like I said, I don't expect anyone to believe me but I can "hand on my heart" say that it happened.

I think i have told yeas this before but here it is again, whilst in the kitchen one night cooking i heard a noise upstairs a kind of a groaning and a moaning noise, it sent the hair on me back of my head upright, then i heard footsteps a coming down the stairs, it was an hideous noise
i grabbed the frying pan in terror and turned off the light. it screeched where is my tea, the door handled turned and in it came, i smashed the creature over the head with the frying pan and it fell to the floor, i put the light back on, and to my amazement it was gone, i noticed the front door opened and felt a cold chill all over, about an hour later i noticed blue flashing lights out side mi window and the next thing the front door was ponding, i opened the door and my wife was stood there all battered and bruised, the next thing i knew i was in the back of a police van charged with GBH.

I've never seen anything, but once I was going through a particulary emotional turbulent time, and had a to make a really important decision;
a relative of mine who had died some years ago just all of a sudden spoke to me - I saw him in my head and heard his voice clear as day.

Never had anything like that before or since, but people tell me they've had similar throughout their lives.

solo said:
I Can't abide that show with Derek Acorah and all those screaming nutters though.
He`s been off the show for ages ,now :LOL: ...90% hysteria .but some are quite good ;)

notb665 said:
I've never seen anything, but once I was going through a particulary emotional turbulent time, and had a to make a really important decision;
a relative of mine who had died some years ago just all of a sudden spoke to me - I saw him in my head and heard his voice clear as day.

Never had anything like that before or since, but people tell me they've had similar throughout their lives.

I cant get mi head around this one (notb665) yee say,s that yee has never seen anything,
yet thee says a relitive died a year ago and that thee saw him.

P.S What did he say ?
P.S What was the important decision ?

BOB D.O.L.E said:
notb665 said:

I cant get mi head around this one (notb665) yee say,s that yee has never seen anything,
yet thee says a relitive died a year ago and that thee saw him.

P.S What did he say ?
P.S What was the important decision ?

I said 'saw him in my head', which means a picture of him popped into my head, not like I saw him wheelchairing across the landing or something.

He said "Go with what makes you happy". The important decision was to leave my wife.

Sponsored Links
Back