Selecting a double glazing firm - true or false statements?

We've now settled on just the one centre round feature window. Draftsman put the smaller ones in by mistake and I didn't pick up on it. Quote for the big one came in at about £1200 I think, white upvc.

Switchable glass - that's the electrified glass which goes grey right? Hugely expensive, won't be going with that. Will probably keep this clear and put automated curtains on it to draw at night.

Sponsored Links
The cost of aluminium will be approximately £50-£55,000. For grey UPVC I need to pay an extra 25% over white UPVC.

Chartwell green is another popular colour, my eurocell supplier seems to have a more than steady flow of it out his doors, depends on your brick colour though

Sponsored Links
Front and upper rear of house is rendered white / cream but ground floor rear extension is brick facing.

I'm with God, Black on white.
We recently done a grey installation with white render, customer wasn't sure whether to go grey or black.
Opted for grey (same as neighbour) she now prefers black

What RAL colour are you talking about, 7016? If I did end up going dark, it would have to match the Schuco frames that I was thinking of getting, but I think they might be anthracite grey.

A question on the spacer bar in the middle of the glass. What material should they be if it is not metal? I've seen a grey one and was told by one firm that it wasn't metal?

Also does coloured uPVC chip easily to reveal another (white?) colour underneath?

Ral 7016 anthracite, if schuco is 7016 then you'd want the smooth PVC profile and not the grained for a perfect match.
Warm edge spacer for the glass

PVC will mark like most things if knocked about. Touch up pens and repairs kits for gauges are available, so usually comes up looking like new

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back