Self Harm

Sponsored Links
A very serious cry for help that needs to be recognised as an underlying mental problem, then again, where do you stop, should smoking be classed as a "self" harming habit.

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone, am I missing something positive in your apparently totally negative message?

Most of us have only heard of the problems of this topic in the last day, getting to know something about it before voicing ill informed opinion would be a good idea.

Sponsored Links
Just going to lighten things up a little, but then tis Dubya
GW&Bird.jpg

".... And what is it that Turkeys' do, Mr president ?"

P

oilman said:
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone, am I missing something positive in your apparently totally negative message?

Most of us have only heard of the problems of this topic in the last day, getting to know something about it before voicing ill informed opinion would be a good idea.
fact 1.my son did not have a breathing monitor when he was born & to cut a long story short he stopped breathing for 5 minutes :cry:
fact 2.was told when he was 3 yrs old he had flat feet,got a proffesional opinion,why was you not told your son had cerebal palsy :cry:
fact 3.my daughter was rushed into hospital with a red rash/spots on her,was told it must be the washing powder you're using????
proffesional opinion,YES she has got meningitus :evil:
fact 4. my son goes for a operation to correct his eye sight,just before he was put to sleep was told to sign some forms to state that if the worse happens i cannot sue the hospital (that was the last thing on my mind @ the time,america accidents-r-us spring to mind )
fact 5. had my retinas examined @ the hospital & they put a solution to dilate them & was THEN told you can't drive as you will be stooped with driving under the influence,thanks shall ileave my car in the car park for 4 hrs & get a taxi home them.mmmmmmmmmm

i could go on but i just want to get on with my life as its not the nurses fault its just the system. ranting over :cool:

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone

There is no Nirvanah ... you'll meet the same people in private clinics, just wearing a different hat, maybe in lusher surroundings, surely quicker
and bro you will pay through the beak !!

But if you have an emergency condition during treatment ? you'll be straight into an NHS hospital in an ambulance .. if you survive the delay !

P

The differences between private and NHS care, in my experience can be surmised thus:-

You don't have to wait around when going private.
The standard of clinical care is exactly the same, bear in mind that if things start going wrong in a private hospital, there's a very good chance you'll be whisked straight to an NHS hospital where the facilities are more comprehensive.
The level of pastoral care is much better in a private hospital, probably because you're a paying customer, and they have a lot more time.

Will agree. Private health care is NHS with large premium attached.

My sister went for throat op to private hospital in Hants. Told by irritated surgeon that her complaints of throat pain are "all in your head" now go away and stop bothering me.

Throat now under investigation under NHS.

My brother-i-l went for vasectomy. Same hospital. Same c*ap service. In pain for weeks. Told to take a-b's and p-c's - diagnosed later at NHS hospital as infected wound site. OUCH!

securespark said:
Will agree. Private health care is NHS with large premium attached.

My sister went for throat op to private hospital in Hants. Told by irritated surgeon that her complaints of throat pain are "all in your head" now go away and stop bothering me.

Throat now under investigation under NHS.

My brother-i-l went for vasectomy. Same hospital. Same c*ap service. In pain for weeks. Told to take a-b's and p-c's - diagnosed later at NHS hospital as infected wound site. OUCH!
if you took your car to be serviced & the wheel fell off or they did'nt fix it properly you would be straight on the blower :eek:
doctors & nurses get paid to do a job,if they're not competent enough to do it then its all a bit pear shaped :rolleyes:

I think that the very vast majority of nurses and doctors are utterly professional, bear in mind that there is really no such thing as a private doctor. It's simply a matter of having the time to give you the care you expect. I'm quite lucky in the fact that all of my family are covered by subsidised private health care, but on saying this, if it's a real emergency, then I, in my experience, cannot really fault the NHS. Perhaps if all those to**ers who ring 999 for a broken fingernail would desist, we'd get somewhere.

Yeah OMGWHYD, I think you're right.

Can I call you Oh for short?!!......

My ex g/f trained as a nurse and said there are too many chiefs not enough indians and that you could throw Billions at the NHS and it would still want for more.

But yes, the staff do an amazing job with what little they've got, a bit like Blue Peter.

I've got some toilet roll middles, some glue, wrapping paper and an empty cornflakes packet, and today, children, I'm going to make a defibrilator.....

Sponsored Links
Back