Self Levelling Compound or Sand Cement Mix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I want to lay some new vinyl on the kitchen floor (in preperation for selling the house). My kitchen floor has a sharp declevity over half it's length and also many depressions. I want to fill in the depressions - the worst approx 10mm deep. Also the depressions 'run down' the slope so I'm concerned that whatever filling is used will 'pool' at the bottom.

Can I use a sand / cement mix or would you recommend self levelling compound?

The pictures show the worst of the 'valleys'. The last pic' shows the sloping floor. I will fill across the depression as shown in the middle pic'. The slope is too steep to do anything about realistically.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Floor001r.jpg

Floor002r.jpg

Floor003r.jpg

Sponsored Links
dont try and get level, just flat.

Its not deep enough to use sand and cement.

Use a smoothing compound like F-Ball acrylic 200. Mix one bag and poor in the dip and allow to set (24hrs) Then do a full skim over the top of the lot at say 3mm thick to seal floor (needed as the bitumin residue on your subfloor will damage the vinyl)

Prime the floor before you skim.

Pva will do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back