self levelling laser. which one do i buy??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

i need to buy a self levelling laser. im installing another kitchen and i have always wanted a self levelling laser as my friend has got one. He has a bosch one and costs over £200.

i dont want to spend that amount so i have 4 options

Dewalt DW087K

StanleyCL2

Bosch GLL 2-50

Bosch PCL 20

do you have any of these and let me know which can be used when tilted as i have a handrail to fit on the stairs.

Sponsored Links
I have only used the StanleyCL2. Never had any problems. It has a locking feature so you can tilt the line or cross.

I've got the Dewalt DW087K. I've had it about 2 years now and it's absoloutly ace. I've not especially looked after it and it's still going strong.

I've got no idea how I ever managed without one. The only thing to note is you need to keep the laser square to the wall if you're doing a vertical plumb line, but horizontal levelling could not be easier.

Sponsored Links
On the box, ignore the name, and concentrate on the accuracy over 1, 10 or 100m

I use a PLS laser and have no complaints though the receiver has been a little bit fragile for my liking.

However the results are astonishing!

crooked_house.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back