Sent down for Trolling

So what do you make of this

The Human Rights Act

13. In passing the Human Rights Act, Parliament did not introduce specific rights for individuals into UK law, but required public authorities, including courts and tribunals, to act in accordance with the rights set out in the European Convention on Human Rights of 1950.[17] Parliamentary sovereignty over Convention rights was retained, since public authorities are protected if an action contravening Convention rights is giving effect to, or trying to give effect to, primary legislation.[18]

14. The Convention guarantees to everyone a right to privacy and a family life through Article 8, and the right to freedom of expression through Article 10.

15. Article 8 states:
1. Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence.

2. There shall be no interference by a public authority with the exercise of this right except such as is in accordance with the law and is necessary in a democratic society in the interests of national security, public safety or the economic well-being of the country, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

16. Article 10 states:

1. Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.

2. The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or the rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.

And this
SECTION 12 OF THE ACT

21. The potential difficulties in balancing the right to privacy and the right to freedom of speech were apparent at the time the Human Rights Bill was before Parliament, and the media and the judiciary both raised concerns about them. The then Lord Chief Justice, Lord Bingham, said during the passage of the Bill:

"Discussion of the new Bill so far would suggest, I think rightly, that one of the most difficult and sensitive areas of judgment will involve reconciliation of the right of privacy guaranteed by Article 8 with the right of free expression guaranteed by Article 10. While the law up to now afforded some protection to privacy (in actions for breach of confidence, trespass, nuisance, the new tort of harassment, defamation, malicious falsehood and under the data protection legislation) this protection has been patchy and inadequate. But it seems very likely that difficult questions will arise on where the right to privacy ends and the right to free expression begins. The media are understandably and properly concerned that the conduct of valuable investigative journalism may be hampered or even rendered impossible. It is very difficult, and probably unwise, to offer any opinion in advance about where the line is likely to be drawn."[23]

And This Linky

Sponsored Links
I don't see what privacy has to do anything when discussion actions in a .public forum. If he had tapped a phone to start tolling then yes...but he posted on a website in which 1 10th of the worlds population could have posted on

There seems to be a parallel that has been raised in the news today, an MP has posted 'stone someone to death', on their Twitter account, no real threat or malice it seems to me, but someone has posted on my facebook, a very descriptive way of kidnapping me, raping me and then disposing of my body, from someone I don't know..

The person involved in case one says, they wouldn't be bothered if it was from a nobody, but because it was an MP, the MP got arrested. Whereas, the threat against me, is specific, and targetted, but I think the police wouldn't take it seriously, if reported? It was reported to FB, but no feedback, as such. And who would be so daft to post that, then carry out their threat?

So trivial back biting on a forum, doesn't count, but if you are a 'name', then it is taken very seriously..?

Sponsored Links
Back