Separate programmers on Y plan system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been considering a Honeywell Evohome controller but I have a Y plan system.

This means I would I need to add the "Hot Water Kit" (which uses a battery operated cylinder thermostat). I don't really want this and I'm happy to run my existing programmer on a regular timed program if possible.

I want the Evohome purely just for the heating as there is just me and my wife in a 4 bed house so we often heat the entire house needlessly (we use all rooms just not at the same time so I cannot just isloate with our current standard TRVs). The heating control with wireless TRVs would be perfect.

My current system is a Gloworm 12HXI controlled by a Grasslin Towerchrom QE2. Would I be able to leave the existing programmer connected to control the hot water and connect the Evohome purely for the radiators?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes.

But the HW kit is excellent, and little more than a decent timer (eg Honeywell ST9100), so you are cutting your nose to spite your face.

Yes.

But the HW kit is excellent, and little more than a decent timer (eg Honeywell ST9100), so you are cutting your nose to spite your face.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I'll go for the Hot Water Kit too then, I just didn't see much of a use for it (aside from seeing the tank temp on the controller).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back