Sercuring bolt at front or back of kitchen tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, is the securing bolt on monoblock kitchen taps usually at the front or back of the tap/ tap tails? Have one to swap were I would need the bolt to be at the front of the tap/tap tails. Existing one is at front.

Sponsored Links
Usually the front, if that means that the spout securing screw is at the back of the tap body.
John :)

Thanks suppose I could as at the merchants for one with the bolt at the front?

Just had a look at my B&Q specials and the securing bolt for the base is forward of the tails, which makes the spout screw hidden round the back.
Loads on display and I guess anyone would open a box for you to check!

Sponsored Links
Thanks after a tap that's easy to turn on/off for an old person. But not keen on the ceramic disc valve 1/4 turn taps as if they start dripping it can mean a new tap as it can be hard to find the ceramic disc cartidges that fits.

So true, Tom.....maybe the traditional cross head is best?
It's not all doom and gloom with 1/4 turn ceramics.....unless they come from Aldi of course :eek:
The sheds have a reasonable selection of inserts, but Lunns.net have more.

Either get a known make ceramic , eg Bristan/Iflo for a cheapish one, then you'll always be able to get the ceramic valves,
OR
use these on any regular 1/2" tap
10499.gif

Bes.co.uk item 10499
They give you about 1/4 turn from full on to off, normal washer valve, 2 1/2" lever so it's easy.

Any one fitted the instinct alore kitchen monoblock ceramic disc tap? Any good?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back