service valve and flexi pipe to chrome

Im afraid i have to hold my hand up and admit i have made a mistake, i have striped the tiles of the wood and i have noticed that the wood is not level with the bath it is aprox 4mm below the level , i thought by adding the tiles it would bring them level and not cause a problem. I am thinking now of not putting the tiles back on and using something to that will completely seal it. Would i be better adding something that as a lip that will go over the edge of the bath . Any help would be apreciated . Thanks

Sponsored Links
should be ok with the tiles providing the water don't lay on the tiles and runs into bath.
can't think of anything else to go in its place with a lip etc.
gros10-1.gif

Thanks for trying to help , can you recomend what i can use prior to putting the tiles back on , and should i go level with the bath or just a touch higher , and lift it slightly at the corner.

can you recomend what i can use prior to putting the tiles back on

useally if i have a situation like yours where the bath is slightly shorter than the gap its going in and there is going to be a shower i would put the gap to be tiled at the oppersite end to shower.

and should i go level with the bath or just a touch higher , and lift it slightly at the corner.

you only need a mil or two just so the water don't collect in the corners etc
you start raising the tiles higher than bath it will look bodged.

Sponsored Links
what would be the longest length of 22mm to 3/4 flexi i could purchase. May have to start again and swap ends . It is possible but i would need some longer flexi pipes and unseal evrything.

I am thinking of starting again and putting the gap at the tap ends , i will have to drill a 16mm hole in the end of bath to accomodate shower pipe feed. The only problem i can forsee is the waste , if i go 100mm/150mm in i will be short on the waste pipe that goes outside through the wall .

surprised-004.gif

have you sealed alround the bath ?
so your talking about moving the bath backwards towards the shower end.
the waste isn't a problem.
who tiled all the walls ?
have you any more spare tiles ?

I have pvc decor panels on the wall , anyway i have just had my son in law who as had a look at it , he is not a plumber but works in engineering . He spotted my problem pretty easily and as adviced me to level the piece of wood for holding the tiles with plaster then fit the tiles , If that fails then i will have to the panels off and start all over again .

hope it works.

just a question. what are your walls block or stud plasterboard ?
and how do you fix the decor boards to the wall ?
did you just silicone round the bath and decor panels as useal ?

The wall are breeze block and plaster , the decor panels were put on with batons after the bath was seated , leveled then bolted to the wall with brackets , the bath then had a run of plaster around the edge to fill any large gaps . I then sealed the edge of bath with silicon . Then the panels went up, with silicon in the grooves of panels .

just an idea.

but its what we useally do when using plasterboard.
that gap you have at the rear of bath say 3" is to battern the wall like a false wall then fit your decor panel.
so doing away with that 3" gap of tiles.

Hi, i am afraid i am going to have to admit defeat on this one , i am after all going to move the bath so the tap ends have the gap . Now the bath is perfectly level andi put the panels to the bath but at the end with the gap and the wood i put panels to the wood thus meaning if i push the bath up the panels will be below the bath , i only have 3 panels on that end with the shower on is it wise to redo (and purchase another pack)and put panels to bath . I also will still have to put a hole in the bath to accomodate the shower feed pipe . I also would like to know how to extend my waste as i only have about 50mm spare and would need at least 100mm any advice before i start would most deffinetly be apreciated . Thanks

one thing at a time.
the waste you said it gos straight out the wall from the waste trap under bath ?

The waste goes outside but i only have say 300mm coming in and i will need 500mm . I have the 500mm flexis , i have got some more brackets and sealent .Just need to extend the grey waste pipe into the one i have. if i remeber i needed a reducer .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back