service valves on mixer showers

The new builds I work on have no layout designs/ specs.do they usualy spec things like this? Just not too keen on compression fitttings under the bath panel

Sponsored Links
I suppose it depends on the project! We have a number of builders we work for, on new builds and major extensions/refurbs.
With some, we are involved right at the start and are consulted on every aspect of the plumbing and heating systems to be installed; others we are more or less told what is expected of us & just follow instructions!
The result varies and we have done projects where isolation points range from minimal to complete coverage!
I would point out to the "powers that be" that your only possible location for isos is under the bath and let them make the call!

Thanks have never put iso valves on bath taps because it remover bath screen to get to them is just as easy to turn main off.

Sponsored Links
No. But likeIsaid: isolating shower will mean other services on the same run or system will also be out of action!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back