Servis XL6 washer fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My seldom used 6 year old Servis XL6 stopped working 1/2 way through a wash cycle. I was upstairs at the time and heard quiet a loud bang whilst it was in the rinse and spin cycle (I would say a more mechanical than electrical bang) whatever it was though it tripped the rcd out!! I took the back and top off to see if there was any obvious structural mechanical or electrical defects but visually everything seems to be ok. the drum is sound and rotates freely (no apparent bearing failure) The motor drivebelt tension is fine and there is no charring to any of the electrical components. But once reassembled all that is working is the power light, and the machine is not responding to any imput when turning the the programme dial. Does this sound like a terminal failure? or has anyone got any possible diagnosis?
regards.
Iain.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back