Sewage problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I've a drain access at the end of my garden and T****s water have had to clear a blockage recently. This has happened a number of times over the past couple of years and these guys were the second lot to advise that next doors' sewage pipe is draining into mine and that it shouldn't). They also did a dye test to confirm this.
The neighbour is a good enough guy whom I get on with and is aware but isn't saying straight up that it was his doing, which in all likely hood is the case. I won't go into anything here as i'm not looking start an 'are you sure' debate but working on the premise that it is his works which has lead to the joining of his pipe to mine i'm looking for some advice on what to do to resolve this while keeping things as amicable as is possible.

Thanks in advice

Johnscales

Sponsored Links
On your land, so your problem. Sewer lines are often run from property to property

Even if placed there by someone without permission?
Doesn't sound right to me.
Can you clarify why?

How could he have connected it to yours without you knowing? Is this a detached property?

Sponsored Links
I was wrong on this, law changed a few years ago, the drain will be the ownership of the sewerage company now, you being only responsible for the pipe that feeds into the junction.

Apologies

Hi GavThePlumer and thanks for helping out here.
Semi-detached.
Thames water have said themselves having seen the drain that it shouldn't be joined so must be something they saw. I can't really speak for them it's what they told me. It was the previous owner who had mentioned the works prior to my moving in but not in relation to the blockages.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back